Thursday 29 December 2011

Fruit of the Earth - Gentle Healing Vitamin E Skin Care Lotion

I picked up this little goodie about a week ago from Priceline. My doctor told me I needed to moisturise since having surgery and sticky-taping over the same spots had made my skin all red and peely and gross (overshare. Sorry)


The smell is inoffensive enough, it's sort of a soapy clean smell. I kind of like that it's not too over-powering and that it doesn't smell too flowery. It absorbs pretty well into my skin without too much aggressive rubbing in. I hate when things take ages to rub in. I'd say there's been some improvement in the quality of my skin but it's hard for me to say since I'm not a really great stickler for remembering to use it every day. I have to say that on days that I do remember to moisturise, there is a noticeable difference - my skin seems to be less flakey and seems more soft to touch. Nice.


The back of the bottle clearly states that the product has not been tested on animals which is good but when I got out my "chemical maze" app and started putting in the ingerdients, I found that Cetyl Alcohol can be derived from a number of sources - including animals. Mild Panic. I know that I can't live the perfect vegan life but I sure as hell would like to try. I tried googling to find out whether or not "Fruit of the Earth" is a vegan company - and had mixed results. They are listed on PETA's cruelty free list but not as a fully vegan company and on other websites they were listed as a vegan company. SUPER confusing. 


So I emailled them to find out and got a lovely email from a woman named Valarie who was happy to inform me that 


"This product is vegan friendly and none of the ingredients are derived
from animals. Thank you."



It only took two days for the company to get back to me which is great.


I got this bottle from my local Priceline for $5. At $5 it's pretty good value.


What I like It's good value for the price and it's vegan (obviously I LOVE that it's vegan). I love when things that are vegan don't cost a fortune because I think that people think using vegan products are more expensive and that doesn't necessarily have to be true. 


What I don't like - Nothing really. It smells okay. It does what it says. What's not to like? 

No comments:

Post a Comment